Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday

I have a wonderful list of my Top-10 to share with you today! I'm very excited to think that even some of these wonderful handmade items, organizations, books, or artists could become part of my day-to-day life! I would love for you to take a look and see what you think...post a comment and enter yourself into a drawing for a Nestle and Soar magnet set! I do love to hear what you think...

#1 KnittingShop on Etsy
I would love to make or buy this soft gold neck warmer. It is very stylish and can be buttoned-up in numerous ways. I've never had the guts to try cable knitting...this is going on my wish list. Thanks KnittingShop! You can find it here.

#2 Proteales on Etsy
This lovely Mood Necklace caught my eye, and I think it will catch the eye of others when you wear it! It's design is simple and the mood stone changes color, so it is as versatile as you are! You can find it here.

#3 Free Flying Boutique on Etsy
I have never learned how to crochet, but Jessie Bender of Free Flying Boutique has it mastered. Her Blue and Green Beaded Wire Crochet would work well with my wardrobe and sense of style. I have so many outfits that would work with this! I own two of her necklaces and feel special every time I wear them. Thanks, Jessie! You can find her here.

#4 Elizabeth Frank Artworks on Etsy
Isn't this Deer Song sculpture charming? It has been carved from aspen wood and the base is made from reclaimed vintage wood. Elizabeth's clever use of materials is one huge reason why I love her! She has many more pieces to choose from here.

#5 Lookout Studios and artist Patty Baker on Etsy
Patty's work inspires me because she does such a wonderful job capturing the spirit of nature using acrylics. The fluidity of this piece, Another Blustery Day, makes me feel like I am there, feeling the wind! You can find Patty here.

#6 Small Work in Wool and artist Susan M. Hinckley on Etsy
I have admired Susan's work at Colorado's revered gallery, Show of Hands, and each time I see a new piece, I'm thrilled! Beyond her charming work with wool and embroidery is her sense of humor, which she adds with words and sly expressions! You can find Susan here.

#7 American Art Therapy Association
This week I ran across a video by way of the Art Therapy website. Have you ever wondered how the artistic part of your life could impact others? Do you express your artistic side as a "medicinal" experience for yourself?

#8 Arbor Day Foundation
I remain steadfast in my support of this group and their efforts to keep trees healthy and plentiful in America. I found this great book this week and enjoy reading it with my evening tea. In the spring, we are planning to plant a Red Maple in our backyard! I'm very excited! Please support the Arbor Day Foundation here.

#9 Wool Felt Central
As a fiber artist, it is important that the sheet wool felt I use comes in the best colors, quality, and at a fair price. Here is my go-to supplier for wool sheet felt. I recommend them highly! Their customer service is top-notch, too!

#10 What Makes Me Smile this Week
I believe the world needs super heroes, and this one gets my vote today!

Thanks for stopping by,
Georgianne

Please remember to comment and I'll enter you into a drawing for a Nestle and Soar Magnet Set. Please watch the comment thread to see if you're the winner!

2 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Thanks for the shout-out! You have such beautiful work, and a truly inspirational blog. I'm honored to be included in your collection.

Georgianne Holland said...

Thanks to you as well Susan! Your work with felt is a joy and I love keeping my eyes open for what you will create next. Peace, Georgianne